2013 January Paleo Challenge
Our 1st paleo challenge is here!
You all work so hard in class that it’s now time to supplement that with the right fuel. You will be amazed at the results you can get in just 45 days of CrossFit and proper nutrition. So here is a rundown of all you need to know.
What You Need to Do:
- Read this. Yes all of it. Think of it as a mental WOD.
- Download the excel scoring sheet.
- Be on the look out for team assignments and instructions on when and where to do your benchmark measurements.
Dates and Logistics
- Teams of 2 – They will be assigned by me at the end of the week.
- January 21 – March 6. That’s 45 days. It goes by fast, so just buckle down and do this thing. Boom!
- Eat paleo!
Measuring you success is important to see what kind of results you get. We strongly encourage you to take advantage of all the following but it is completely YOUR choice. None of your measurements will be made public.
- It is YOUR choice what you measure, but we will offer the following:
- Before and after photos. Your choice what you wear. Not public and will not be shared. Female will be available to take female photos.
- Body weight
- Body fat %
- Benchmark WOD
- Hopefully we will get our hands on equipment to measure cholesterol, triglycerides, blood pressure, etc. as well
There are two components to the scoring – nutrition and activity. The rules are below and because your head coach likes you, he has attached a scoring spreadsheet for you to use to track. Fill in the white spaces and it does the rest.
At the end of each week, simply send the scores in for your team.
- +1 point for each paleo meal in a day (up to 5 points)
- +1 bonus point for that day if every meal was paleo
- 1 point will be subtracted for any non-paleo meal, snack, etc.
- For each cheat meal/snack, 1 point will be subtracted from the ceiling as well
- Example: I ate 7 meals today. 6 were paleo. I receive 4 points because my meal ceiling is 4 and not 5. I also don’t receive the bonus point
- +2 points each day you do CrossFit
- +1 point each day you do another fitness activity, mobility, sport, etc.
- Ceiling of 3 activity points per day
Ok, so once I figure out how to upload this to the site I’ll do it. Sorry guys!
What’s Paleo and What’s Not
Look for another post on that on Friday. In the meantime, do some independent research. And yes…I will address alcohol.
On Friday another post will be published with teams and guidelines on how to eat paleo. This post will also include instructions on how to report points and how to schedule your benchmark measuring session.
45 days could very well change your life, so let’s crush this thing! Your coaches and owners are doing it as well, so we are all in this together!