6 Weeks to Summer Nutrition Challenge
Finally, beach time is just around the corner! That means warm weather, fun weekends, and…gulp…showing some extra skin. After the winter/spring body composition always seems to nose dive a little bit. The good news is 6 weeks is plenty of time to turn it around!
This will be our 6th nutrition challenge and we are excited to announce three changes that will make it better than ever!
1) It’s a total community challenge – this means RCFBC,SciCoh, Bootcamp, and Rip Rides. Boom!
2) It’s open to non-members as well. Have a friend or family member that wants to join? See the appropriate section below for details.
3) We bought a (very expensive) machine, InBody 270, that takes incredibly accurate body fat percentage measurements…AND stores them for you for the future! You’ve heard me preach over and over again how much I HATE the scale. I’m a huge fan of body fat percentage/lean body mass but it is incredibly hard to obtain accurate readings. In fact, there are really only 4 tools on the planet that can accurately measure it. Fortunately, we now have one! It’s incredibly expensive, so a nominal fee will be assessed to use it, but it will give you the REAL data you should be using.
We’ve included a video so you see how it works!
Dates: Monday, May 16th – Friday, June 24th (6 weeks)
Nutrition Prescription: Paleo for those that eat meat. Zone for those that don’t. If you have your own version of nutrition that works for you, please see me so we can make sure it will meet your goals.
Teams: 4 person teams (you can include a coach – we need this too!). If you don’t have four people, then sign up as an individual or a pair and we will assign you!
- No InBody Scans – $25 entry fee (cash only)
- Before and After InBody Scans – $60 total for the scans and report printouts (pic below). Entry fee waived. (Cash only)
Non-Member Cost: For non-members we are offering the following 6 week package for $299. Please have them email firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
- 1 on 1 Goal-Setting Consult
- 2 InBody Metric Scans
- Nutrition Plan
- 18 Classes (CrossFit, Bootcamp, or Cycling)
- 1 on 1 Reassessment
- Weeks will run Monday – Sunday (week 6 is Monday – Friday)
- You can earn nutrition and activity points
- Nutrition Points: Each team member starts the day with 8 points. For every SERVING of food or drink outside the nutrition plan, deduct 1 point. For those zoning – take a point away for every block you are over or under for each macro by the end of the day. Example: if you should have 15 blocks but only have 13 blocks of protein, 16 blocks of carbs, and 15 blocks of fat for the day, then deduct 3 points that day (2 for protein + 1 for carbs).
- Activity Points: Any class or personal training session done under our roof earns 2 points. Any other fitness activity (mobilizing, stretching, yoga, running, etc.) earns 1 point. There is an activity cap of 8 points per person per week. In other words, don’t come here 6 days in a row…rest days are important!
Weekly Prizes: Oh yeah – weekly prizes are back! We will vary the reason. Sometimes it’ll be who wins the week. Other times it may be the team most diligent about recording their scores. You never know!
Grand Prizes: We will award prizes to both the winning team and the team with the greatest percentage change in body fat percentage! Percentage of percentage…yeah we are getting all mathy in here.
Sign Up: Either sign-up on the board at the gym or sign up via the form at the bottom of the page by Thursday, May 12th.
What YOU Need To Do:
- Find 3 friends to do this with you. If that’s too much of a pain then don’t worry about it! Just sign yourself up and we will find you partners 🙂
- Sign-up on the board at either box or by using the form at the bottom of this page by Thursday, May 12th.
- Stop by RCFBC on Monday May 9th or Tuesday May 10th between 5:30am – 8:30 pm to have your measurements taken.
- Attend one of our classes on Monday, May 16th to determine your fitness benchmarks.
- Log your activity and nutrition points daily. We will provide a link for you. A coach will be assigned to your team for help.
- Have fun!!!!
What can you eat?
- Proteins- Beef/steak (Grass fed is even better!), chicken, pork, fish, eggs, etc.
- Vegetables- Lots of them!
- Fruit – if your goals are to really lean out though, limit this to a serving or less per day
- Nuts – (For this challenge we will allow: Almond butter, cashew butter, macadamia nut butter). Peanuts are a legume, not a nut, so NO peanut butter.
- Seeds (Sunflower seeds, hemp seeds, chai seeds, flaxseed)
- Coconut oil
- Olive oil
- Black coffee – coconut creamers allowed as long as no sugar
- PURE dark chocolate (in moderation…like ½ a bar a week. Don’t go crazy :))
What is off limits?
- Bread – any kind, including gluten free
- Pasta – any kind, including gluten free
- Dairy (With exception of grass fed butter in moderation)
- Processed sugars
- Alcohol – Just test yourself!!! (Each beer (12 oz.), each glass of wine (6 oz.), each cocktail, is -1)
- Most starches (sweet potatoes are ok)
- Grains – Rice, oatmeal, granola, etc
- Vegetable and canola oil
Post WOD recovery
- Within 30 minutes of working out you are allowed to have protein powder, fuel for fire, and amino acid supplements.
Special Dietary Adjustments
If you have special dietary needs or practices (e.g. vegan), please let us know and we will adjust the structure for you. While a devout love for beer and liquor is understandable, it most certainly does not count as a special dietary need…sorry folks.