Mike and Matt’s Olympic Beast Program
By now most of you know that we LOOOOOOOOVE lifting heavy things and will Oly lift any time, any place. What you may not know is that as much as we love to do it, we love coaching it even more.
So without further adieu, we introduce our 2nd 6 Week Olympic Beast Program!
The Program Goal
At the end of the 6 weeks, I want you walking out of the door smiling because you are stronger, have a deeper enjoyment for Olympic Lifting, and have measurable proof that you are more of a savage than when you started. Honestly, my goal is to have you begging for another session because it was so awesome.
You do NOT have to be a great Oly lifter to do this! You don’t even have to be a great mover or super mobile!
There are 3 simple requirements:
- You want to get better in terms of strength and Olympic Lifting skill!
- You are ready and willing to work hard and be coached. This includes following my coaching to NOT workout on days we have Oly sessions.
- You are committed. This means you show up to every single session. I understand that life throws a curveball here, but I need you here to make you better! If a random thing pops up, fine, but continued misses are a no go!
Talk is cheap – measurements is what I’m all about. I wanted to share the results from our last session. I’m not promising you’ll hit these results, but I am promising you will be better!
- Snatch – +19lbs (17%)
- Clean & Jerk – +13lbs (7%)
- Back Squat – +17.5lbs (8%)
- Front Squat – +15lbs (7%)
- Behind Neck Jerk – +19lbs (11%)
I’m not going to be humble here – this will be the most intimate and technologically advanced Olympic Lifting program I’ve seen in the Northeast. Those are big words, but I have every intention to deliver on them.
Think of this as less of a class and more as a very hands-on, personalized, in-depth small group training session. Frankly, I’m going to be just as exhausted as you after our sessions.
I’m using this as an opportunity to focus on your INDIVIDUAL needs not to simply coach general concepts for all. As such, I have a hard cut at 7 people that will be awarded on a first come first serve basis. I will be pairing everyone up during technical pieces so it’ll at most be 1 on 3 or 4.
Use of Technology for Measurables
I’m not interested in you feeling like you got better. I want you to know you got better.
A) It’s one hell of a reward for all of your hard work.
B) It gives me data to improve.
Of course we will do maxes and such, BUT we are using two pieces of technology that will give us amazing data!
Every single athlete will get 2 20 min 1:1 sessions (Before and After) to use these two pieces of technology.
1. The Beast
Yes, this is an actual thing. The Beast is a small sensor we will attach to you via a wristband. It will give us data on your power, velocity, and many other metrics throughout your movement.
A lot goes into a lift, so you may miss a lift even though your power and speed increased…I want to know that!
More importantly, I want you to know that!
Measurables start the story and visual evidence completes it. I want you to see how your Olympic Lifting improved over 7 weeks!
I will leverage a video program called Hudl Technique that allows me to go frame by frame so we can breakdown every inch of your lifts.
Week 1: 1:1 Measurement Sessions & Benchmarking
Weeks 2-5: 2 60-90 minute Training Sessions per Week
- Warm Up
- Clean & Jerk or Snatch Development
Week 6: 1:1 Measurement Sessions & Benchmarking
- Date: 6 Weeks – January 9th – February 15th
- Days & Times: Tuesdays and Thursdays 6:30PM – 8:00PM (Give or take 15 minutes)
- Location: Tuesdays @ SciCoh, Thursdays @ RCFBC
- What’s Included:
- 2 20min. 1:1 sessions with before and after Beast measurements & video
- 12 75min. individualized, small group training sessions
- Access to the sexiest coaches alive (ok, they aren’t available, so access to us will have to do!)
- Price: $225
- Enrollment Limit: 8 Athletes
- Registration Link: https://clients.mindbodyonline.com/classic/ws?studioid=33173&stype=-135&sView=week&sLoc=0&date=01/08/18
If you guys have any questions, hit me up at firstname.lastname@example.org.