The Sisters: Succeeding Together
Our community is continuing to grow and we decided that it would be a great opportunity for everyone to get to know more about each other! What better way than to have a Member Monday!!!
First members to start it off are the three awesome sisters Aly, Marlena, and Ashley! All three grew up in New Bedford, MA.
1. Tell us a little about yourself
– Member for 10 months
– 29 years old
– sales manger at REI Hingham
– Member for 1 Year
– 31 years old
– Personal assistant
– Member for 3 months
– 18 years old
– Sales associate at Dress Barn
2. Tell us your CrossFit story ( where were you before RCFBC and where are you now?)
– I was living the definition of insanity- doing the same thing expecting different results.
Watching Ricky, Kyla, Dan, and Marlena transform from the inside out is going to help me conquer my fears and work on achieving mind and body harmony
– I was living in a morbidly obese girls body and imagining I wasn’t. Now I’m making time for myself, building confidence, and enjoying my new found strength! Working out with my sisters is the best.
– One word, CAKE!!! Now trying to do things i’ve never done before, getting way out of my comfort zone.
3. What does being part of RCFBC community mean to you?
– Coaching, friends, cheerleaders! Everyone contributes to your progress. The loudest cheers come from my sisters, but when they aren’t around Alex Yaitanes and Amanda Agostino push me through
– The best wellness program available, it helps me mentally, physically, and emotionally.
– Motivation, acceptance, and support is what drive me to RCFBC.
4. What accomplishments are you most proud of ?
– Competing in the box battle, deadlifting 215, and losing 35″ inches during 45 day challenge with constant support from Kyla and Dan.
– Being a strong girl!!!
– Deadlift personal best 305
– Back squat personal best 250
– Front squat 205
– 250m row :53
– I most proud of my handstand and double unders.
5. What are your challenges and goals going forward
– My challenge is staying motivated and not getting discouraged by my limitations or comparing myself to others
– My goals would be 20′ box jumps, pushups, double unders, and learning how to safely dump weight 🙂
– My Challenge is always my eating.
– My goals are to get to a healthy weight, a sub 2 hour sprint tri, and complete most wods RX.
– My Challenge is staying away from candy, cake, and cookie dough.
– My Goals are to be able to do handstand pushups and pull ups.
6. Boss, Assassin, and Ninja- who is which?
7. What would you tell someone that is thinking about joining RCFBC?
– Stop thinking START doing! Life is filled with regrets, this won’t be one of them.
– We have knowledgeable,encouraging, motivating coaches , an amazing community and friends. No one can put a price on that?!
– Best box ever!!!
All three of these ladies bring something different to RCFBC and we couldn’t be happier that they are a part of our box! Everyone’s journey to fitness is completely different no matter the obstacle it can always be conquered. Keep up the great work!!!