RCFBC’S Summer Games: Battle of the Sexes
In spirit of The 2014 Reebok CrossFit Games it’s time for another internal competition.
RCFBC’s Summer Games: Battle of the Sexes is going down every Friday the whole month of July!
There will be one division, RX.
Teams of 2- (2-males or 2-females). Ideally your team is present to complete all workouts together as a team, but have no fear the workout of the day each Friday will be the Event Workout! So if you are missing someone, recruit someone in any of the group classes!
If you miss an event, you will have an opportunity to make it up as a team each Saturday between 11am-12pm.
A total of 9 workouts that will be scored for the competition
Ground to Overhead (115/75)
Box Jump Overs (24/20)
Toe to Bar
Wall Balls (20/14)
- If any of these movements scare you, don’t stress it! With this competition you will have options… don’t worry just sign up. The main goal is to have some fun and throwdown together as a community. 🙂
Your score will be your finish in each workout, totaled over the 4 weeks. Just like the Reebok CrossFit Games Open.
For example: If your team places 5th, 15th, 3rd, and 20th respectively over the four workouts, your total ranking score will be 43. The team with the lowest ranking score after the 4 week competition will take the top spot!
Final Heat & Social:
1 final workout where the top male team and top female team will go head to head to take the title on Saturday July 26th @ 10am. This will not affect the regular 9am class on Saturday.
This final workout will not be announced until Saturday July 26th, no hints, you have to be ready for the unknown and unknowable!
Once the final heat is over we will have the award ceremony, then be prepared to watch the fittest people on earth throwdown at the 2014 Reebok CrossFit Games on the jumbo tron! We will have a grill to prepare whatever you want to bring to cook.
Superlative awards will be presented for:
- Best team name
- Best dressed
- Most team spirit
It’s time to gather your posse!!
- Come up with a team name!
- The deadline to sign up for the competition is July 1st.
- Find a team leader who will report to Kaylee via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- This team leader will be the voice of your team for the whole competition. This person will be the only one contacting me from the team. By having one voice and one point of contact ensures I won’t get teams mixed up. 🙂